SKIES is being used by many institutions, organizations, and schools:
- At Caltech (US), to teach several undergraduate and graduate level classes: genetics, solar chemistry, quantum chemistry, theoretical chemistry, computational chemistry, and machine learning (the flipped portion of a MOOC).
- At Pasadena City College (US), to teach chemistry, calculus, finite mathematics, and engineering.
- At several schools in Pasadena Unified School District and surrounding school districts participating in outreach activities with programs such as Community Science Academy, Caltech Classroom Connection, Summer Research Connection, and Harry Gray’s Solar Army.
- At Pui Ching Middle School (Macau) to teach chemistry, biology, physics, and statistics.
- By organizations such as Ocean Institute at Dana Point.
Students at all levels — from second grade to graduate school — have enjoyed using and have benefited from SKIES.